Tuesday 9 March 2010

Costa Rica


I now had 3 football shirts in my possession, the St Kitts & Nevis home shirt, the Israel away shirt, and an England shirt from France 1998. That's a collection, so it seemed obvious to me that I ought to finish my collection. To do this I would need to collect a national shirt from each of the 208 FIFA nations.

I assume that it'll be fairly easy to come across shirts from any of the top 50 ranked nations, and therefore also fairly cheap, perhaps being able to pick them up in charity shops, or on eBay for a few quid. I decided that the best plan would be to pick up the rarer nations through eBay as they occur, and also to listen out for any friends taking day trips to Kyrgyzstan or Brunei to pick up the really hard to find shirts.

It has dawned on me that this could be a fairly expensive project, so I'm going to have to look out for bargains. 208 shirts at £50 each would cost me £10,400 whilst I'm still paying off my overdraft from my student days.

The first shirt I found on eBay was this Costa Rica shirt, making the CONCACAF region the most represented in my collection of 4 shirts.

Costa Rica - Home - 00/02

Total cost - £7.09

Total cost of collection - £7.09

1 comment:

  1. Wow one of the only two shirts manufactured by Joma that I actually like (the other is the one used in WC2010).

    This kit was used throughout the World Cup 2002 Qualifiers, and curiously two number fonts were used.

    ReplyDelete